Three Sisters Soup is a Native American hearty and healthy soup/stew that you can make year round. This is one of my favorite recipes and it’s really easy to make.
Butternut squash, pozole (Hominy) and stringbeans make up the trio of sisters in this simple and delicious recipe.
- 2 cups Hominy aka Pozole white or yellow is fine (basically 1 can)
- 2 cups fresh green beans cleans and snapped into pieces
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cup diced potatoes
- 5 cups of water or veggie broth if you’re going vegetarian
- 1 1/2 tbsp chicken bouillon granules (omit if you are using the veggie broth)
- 2 tbsp butter (you can omit if you are going vegetarian)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the how to make sure to watch the video above.