Puerto Rican cooking can be easy below is a recipe for Arroz con Gandules or Rice with Green Pigeon Peas. It is a pretty simple basic rice that you can make in under an hours time.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen Sofrito – Goya brand or make your own can be found in the frozen food section at the market
- 1 packet of Sazon found in the latin section of your market
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Can of Pigeon Peas
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- A handful of Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp of green olives with capers and pimentos
- 1 red bell pepper sliced added as decorative element when dish is done
Check out the video to see how easy it is to put all these ingredients together and make an amazing tasting rice.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/confidentlylivinglife